Saturday, October 2, 2010

October Birthday Card

This card is my October Birthday card.  Every month I theme my birthday cards around the holiday or season of the month.  I really like this one ALOT!!!  I have seen several cards using this layout so I dont know who to actually give credit for the idea.  Just know that it is not my original idea.

I used the Dark and Dreary Stamp Set which I fell in love with primarily for the candelabra.  I love Disney and it reminds me of the Haunted Mansion.  To fun!  The black, wrinkly, torn paper is the new Waffle Paper.  I just love the stuff.  It is like tissue paper and is easy to add as an embellishment!  The little side piece is some Nite Owl DS paper punched with the small oval, folded over the edge, and attached with a brad. 


The best thing on this card though is the technique used to texture the Whisper White CS that the candelabra is on. White alone was just too white so I took Pear Pizzazz Ink Pad and some tissues that a balled up. I dabbed the tissues in the ink then on to the paper. It gave it a soft, irregular pattern to the paper.  Similar to sponging but the sponge tends to be more of a consistent pattern where the tissue is not.


I was making these cards with one of my customers, Adrianne.  She wanted to make the card more for her young nephews for Halloween so she changed up the card some.  She mixed in stamps from the Fang-tastic set.  They came out just adorable!


Supplies (for original card):
Stamp Set(s) - Dark and Dreary; happy birthday from a retired set
Card Stock - Pear Pizzazz, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Black Waffle Paper, Nite Owl DS
Ink - Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black
Accessories - Small Oval Punch, 1/16" Punch or Crop-A-Dile, 5/8" Satin Black Ribbon, Metallic Brads, tissue

No comments:

Post a Comment