Monday, November 8, 2010

Shimmery Ornimental Christmas

Another great find that looked so fun and simple I had to make myself.  The original was done by Rhonda Griffin and can be found here.  It was voted most popular by her group, I can see why!  This would be very easy to make 20-30-40...for this years Christmas card!

I made a few changes to the original but not the color scheme, I love that Pacific Blue!  I used one of the ornaments from Delightful Decorations.  I tied the 1/8" Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon into a little bow and attached with a Glue Dot.  I scallop punched the edge then attached a quarter piece of cardstock to the back.  I like using a piece that covers completely so it looks attractive on the inside as well as the outside.  You can also use the Pacific Blue as your card base and overlay the Whisper White.


Using the Frost White Shimmer Paint I created a shimmer spray.  Just take a small spray bottle (maybe an old Stampin' Mist bottle) and fill it 3/4 the way full with rubbing alcohol.  Add 5-6 drops of Shimmer Paint and shake well to mix.  Hold the card about arms length from the spray bottle and spray a couple times to coat the card.  It will look wet at first but the rubbing alcohol evaporates and leaves a beautiful shimmer!


I like adding a stamped image to the inside of the card that matches.


You can always step it up a notch by adding an adorable Basic Rhinestone to the middle of the ornament!  Love that Bling!



Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Delightful Decorations, Four the Holidays
Card Stock - Pacific Point, Whisper White
Ink - Pacific Point
Accessories - Scallop Trim Punch, Frost White Shimmer Paint, 1/8" Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon, Glue Dots, Basic Rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment