Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sweet Centers Birthday

How was your weekend? I went with my husband and his family to Disney's Food and Wine Festival this weekend and boy was it great! The food is just absolutely incredible and there were 27 different countries represented there. We do this every year and every year I love it more!

On to my post. I created this card for a client of mine. I have a birthday club that if you join, on your birthday you get a hand made card from me and a gift certificate for 10% off your next order. Contact me today to be added to the club!

This is one of my favorite color combinations. It is called Fire and Ice with the Real Red and Tempting Turquoise together. First, use the 1-3/4" circle punch and punch through the white and blue. Then stamp the balloon basket. Tie the ribbon around the white and blue cardstock and add adhesive to the back of the c/s. Put the sweet treat cup through the hole and fill it. Then adhered the entire piece to the red c/s. Finish it off with the cute little birthday tag.

This is a great way to use the Sweat Treat cup if you do not intend the recipient to remove what is inside the cup (i.e. confetti). The card was a great deal of fun but I was still learning how to best use this set. I have since learned how to make a slider pocket so the treats can be removed without destroying the card. My Stamp-A-Stack on Oct 24th we will be making an ornament card where I will teach this technique.


Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Sweet Centers, Sincere Salutations
Card Stock - Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Ink - Tempting Turquoise, Tempting Turquoise and Real Red markers
Accessories - Sweet Treat cup, 1-3/4" punch, Tag punch, 3/4" Real Red Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread

No comments:

Post a Comment