Monday, September 7, 2009

Sweet Centers-Halloween

The Holiday Mini Catalog has a great deal of amazing new items! I just went nuts and will post different cards and projects as I get through all my goodies. Here is the first.

The Sweet Centers Stamp Set along with the Sweet Treat Cups are a fun gift. However, as I played with the Sweet Treat Cups, I found that if you create a card with treats in it as a gift the receiver has to completely destroy the card to enjoy the treat. So this is what I came up with as a solution. With the Sweet Treat Padded Envelopes, it will be fun to send to my nieces!

Front of the Card-


Inside of the Card-
I used the 1 3/4" circle punch to make a hole all the way through the front of the card. I traced the Sweet Treat Cup and cut out a circle to fit the back. I filled the cup with a treat and glue the circle I cut out to the back of it. This helps also with positioning the cup without losing all the items inside. (I had M&Ms everywhere till I added the back). I used a non-permanent glue to glue the cup in place onto the inside of the card. This way the cup shows through the front and is easy to remove from the inside. Just as a note: I stressed the edges of the Old Olive with a Bone Folder.

Supplies:
Stamp Set - Sweet Centers, The More the Merrier (for the pumpkin on the inside)
Cardstock - Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie
Ink - Old Olive
Accessories - Sweet Treat Cups, Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Bone Folder, Paper Snips, 1 3/4" punch




No comments:

Post a Comment