Thursday, April 7, 2011

Easter Gifts in the Works

Sorry I haven't posted when I said I would.  I have been down sick since Monday.  I am starting to get back up an running now.  This weekend I began working on my Easter Gifts to the women in my family.  I was inspired by Shelli's gift idea and a make-n-take from Regional.

First I am going to give two eggs each.  One in Rose Red and another in Certainly Celery.  I only finished the Rose Red egg so far but the Certainly Celery is almost done. 

First I used modge-podge to adhere strips of First Edition DS Paper to a foam egg.  I then used Sticky Strip and Rose Red Seam Binding around the egg and made a loop on top.  I then punch a Scallop Circle out of Rose Red.  I broke it down and separated it using a bone folder.  I adhered the flowers on top with multipurpose glue and put a pearl in the middle (total of 6).  I then used the Color Catcher and sprayed the egg with spray adhesive and dusted it with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.  ( I may have gone over board).  To finish it off, I adhered a Clear bauble to the bottom.  They came out great!

Next I made a little Thank You card pack to go with the eggs.  This was a make-n-take from Regional.  It is four 3x3 thank you cards and a little holder to put them all in.  Very quick and easy!




 The holder is just 7"x7" scored at 3-1/2" each direction.  Then cut the bottom two squares on the diagonal.






I plan on putting the gift in the glittery baskets that I bought at Target for $1.  Overall ave very cute gift!
Cards Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Nature Walk, Much Appreciated (retired)
Card Stock - Cherry Cobbler, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Marina Mist, Old Olive, Botanical Gazette DS Paper
Ink - Early Espresso, VersaMark, Marina Mist
Accessories - Crumb Cake Seam Binding, Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding, Mini Glue Dots, Decorative Label Punch

Egg Supplies:
Card Stock - First Edition DS Paper, Rose Red
Accessories - Rose Red Seam Binding, Scallop Circle Punch, Bone Folder, Crystal Bauble, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Basic Pearls, Multipurpose Glue, Sticky Strip, Color Catcher, straight pins, modge podge, foam egg

No comments:

Post a Comment