Friday, April 1, 2011

Vintage Birdcage Card

I am Very excited because today I received my order from Stampin' Up!  I had order a bunch of stuff after Regional because I was so inspired!  My husband is gone for the weekend and though I am going to miss him terribly, I am excited to use this quiet time to play in my stamp room!  I will be highlighting my weekend projects in next weeks posts!

Here is another Make-n-Take from regional.  But lets back up for a minute.  When I first saw a new tool called the Color Spritzer Tool.  I looked at it and didn't understand it so I dismissed it and moved on to other cool things in the catalog.  Since then I have seen beautiful "sprays" of ink on cards by others.  I have tried many things to recreate this look including ink on a paint brush and the smooch spritz.  It wasn't until Regional that I rediscovered this Color Spritzer Tool and how to use it.  DUH!  So Simple!  Other Demonstrators at my table had to think I was just NUTS for not knowing about this tool!  It is now my new best friend!


It may be hard to see from the picture of the card but there is Cherry Cobbler and Not Quite Navy Sprayed on to the background and the birdcage of the card.  It is easier to see the spray on the envelope.

For those of you that are like me, here is a quick tutorial:

Insert Marker into Color Spritzer Tool


Grip the little pump and squeeze


hold a little ways from the paper to create a nice spray of ink.  Simple and awesome, everyone needs one of these! Needless to say, I will be doing research on any other item in the catalog I do not completely understand.

Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Nature Walk Set
Card Stock - Cherry Cobbler, Naturals Ivory, Not Quite Navy, Botanical Gazette DS
Ink - Early Espresso pad and marker, Cherry Cobbler marker, Not Quite Navy marker
Accessories - Crumb Cake 1/2" Seam Binding, Pearls, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, Color Spritzer Tool, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment