Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My November Birthday Card

Okay, I know I am way ahead posting my November birthday cards but I wanted everything done so I could fully move on to Christmas.  I also need to be ahead of schedule as my husband and I are house hunting and we may end up moving during the holiday season and I am NOT buying my cards!!!

I took this picture on an Old Olive background as the card disappeared on white.  The card is pretty straightforward except the pumpkin.  To do this I used a technique called Thumping.  The idea of thumping is you coat the stamp with on color (I lighter color) then use a marker to add (thump) spots of a darker color over top.  On the stamp, color the entire pumpkin with Pumpkin Pie.  Then color the stem Old Olive.  Finally, take Cajun Craze and color spots of the pumpkin (right over the Pumpkin Pie).  Huff on the stamp and stamp it onto your paper.  Multiple colors in one easy step!  It is a great way to add shading right to the image you want to stamp.


Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Paisley Prints, wish from a retired set
Card Stock - Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Old Olive
Ink - Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Old Olive Markers
Accessories - Square Scallop Punch, Paper Snips, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Template, Dimensionals, Jewelry Tag Punch,1/16" Circle Punch, Linen Thread, Brights Designer Buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment