Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Defining Valentines Day

When I first laid eyes on the Occasions Mini Catalog, I knew I was buying the Valentine Defined set.  I just loved it!  And living in Florida made me desperately want the flamingos!  Its a Florida Requirement.  I dove in when I got it and made this card.  I got the idea from the Stampin Up Demonstrator community from a demonstrator named Michele Reynolds.  I am a huge fan!

It is a fairly simple card but with lots of layers.  The hardest part is the bow.  I actually just taped a hunk of ribbon around the cardstock and then once the card was all assembled, I tied a little bow and attached it with a glue dot.  The small heart at the bottom is punched out of the Red Glimmer Paper.  I am a HUGE fan as I love to add dimension, in this case textural, but hate to actually glitter as it is so messy!


Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Valentine Defined
Card Stock - Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Red Glimmer
Ink - Basic Black, Real Red
Accessories - Small Heart Punch, Pinking Hearts Border Punch, 1/8" Black Taffeta Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment