Friday, May 3, 2013

Wedding Card

My mom had a Wedding Shower last weekend and she asked me to make a card for her.  I immediately went to this design.  I just LOVE it!  The Bride's colors are gray, black, and white so that is what I used for the card.  I don't normally post (or make) cards with retired material but I did here.  You can really use this design with anything.  I have to admit that I am VERY sad that my Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit is retiring and that will be one of the very few retired items I will keep.

Some explanation.  The Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit is layered with the Full Heart Punch.  For the tux, I just punch a Full Heart out of Basic Black and then use scissors to cut out the middle.  For the white in the hearts I used the retired wedding designer paper but you could use regular white.  For the design you could just stamp any swirly stamp with Versamark and get the same effect.  If I had gray ribbon I would have used that for the grooms bow, but I didn't.  I did Demensional the bride because otherwise it would not have laid flat over the groom.




Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Loving Thoughts
Card Stock - Whisper White, Basic Gray, Basic Black, retired wedding DS
Ink - Basic Black
Accessories -Basic Pearls, Big Shot, Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit, Full Heart Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, ribbon

1 comment:

  1. What a very cute card, Nicole. thanks for sharing.
    Adrianne

    ReplyDelete