Thursday, November 12, 2009

Create Your Own Envelope

In the past I used to avoid square cards because I could NEVER find envelopes to fit. I got tired of it and searched the Internet for a way to "make" my own. I found a great way and as we are approaching the Holidays I wanted to share it with all of you. Please keep in mind that this is not an original idea and there are others that have posted this. I know that many of you may already know how to do this but even if I can save one person the headache then it is all worth sharing it again.

For my example I am going to make an envelope for a 4x4 card but keep in mind that you can do this for 3x3, 5x5, etc, you just have to change your starting envelope (Business Envelope, 5x7,etc).
Start with an A2 envelope (the envelope for a standard card). Seal the Envelope. Measure lengthwise to 4 3/8" and cut. Using the 1 3/8" punch, on the sealed side, punch a slot. Your envelope should now look like the picture below.
Now take a piece of scrap paper (either Cardstock or Designer Series Paper) and cut it to 4 3/8" x 3". It adds something if you use paper from or coordinating with the card you are sending. In the direction of the 3" length, make a score mark at 1". Fold at the score and adhere the 1" portion to the front of the envelope as pictured below.
On the reverse side you have your flap that you can seal. Pictured Below.


As simple as that you now have a functioning square envelope and it coordinates with the card! You can always add decoration to the flap by adding a scalloped edge or stamped images. You can become as creative with your envelopes as you are with your cards.

Supplies:
Card Stock - Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin' Kit
Accessories -A2 Envelope, 1 3/8" Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment