Thursday, March 18, 2010

Awash with Flowers - Color Challenge

I am back with the Awash With Flowers Stamp Set!  I am really loving this set!  Check out this blog post for more info on how to get this set.

I am meeting with fellow Demonstrators today and our card challenge from last month's meeting was to use our least favorite color in a card.  Well, I don't know if Bermuda Bay is my least favorite color but I have never used it.  The pack of paper is still untouched from when I bought it last June.  So I decided that was the color I was going to use.

I pulled out another layout from my card history.  If you are wondering where these are coming from, I had mentioned that my husband bought me a netbook for my birthday last weekend.  Well in transferring and reorganizing all my files and photos I came across a folder of almost all the cards I have ever created.  I dove into the project of trying to organize them by stamp set (a MAJOR task I must say).  But in playing I am seeing all these great cards I have created and I am slowly bringing them back to life.  Nothing like casing yourself.  If you are just starting out or even if you are well into making cards, I highly recommend taking a picture or scanning an image of the card before you give it away.  You will enjoy the "catalog" you have created and it is a great place to go for inspiration.

This card is actually 4 different stamps.  I love two-step stamping, it makes detailing SO easy!  The ribbon is not tied around anything,  I just made a simple knot and then glued it over the stem.  Very simple card!


Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Awash with Flowers
Card Stock - Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Ink - Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Certainly Celery
Accessories - 1/2" Soft Suede Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment