Monday, March 15, 2010

Two-Step into Spring-Awash with Flowers-My Birthday

I had my birthday this weekend!  I had such a great time!  It was very relaxing.  We saw several movies and for my birthday dinner my husband took me to a sushi bar and we ate until we were stuffed.  Wonderful!  I wanted to share my birthday card from my husband.  The thing I look forward to most is the card from him.  He is SO sweet!  Though the present wasn't too shabby either, he got me the netbook I have been drooling over!  Now it is even easier to be mobile and connected to all of you!


Now for today's project and April's special.  I hinted in a previous blog that in April Stampin' Up! was offering a special stamp set that will be in next year's catalog.  Well here it is!

It is called Awash with Flowers.  I am just in love with this set!  The black lines are one stamp and the color images are another stamp for a total of 18 stamps.  It will only be available in April then you have to wait until the new catalog to get your hands on this beauty.  Along with this stamp set there will be some other current Two-Step Stamp Sets on sale but you will have to wait for another post of those ;)

I got to finally sit down and play with it and it is GREAT!  My stamping helper likes it too. :)  My four girls are always available to "help". 


Here is the first card I made with the set.  I am doing this card as a shoebox swap at my Demonstrator meeting this Thursday.  I pulled this layout from a card I made YEARS ago.  I am so glad that I kept pictures of almost every card I made!  I had a lot of fun playing with this design.  The flower is more than meets the eye at first glance.  See the second picture to see what I mean.  First I stamped the Basic Black outline.  Then I mixed Frost White Shimmer Paint with Rose Red reinker (just one drop).  I used a Sponge Dauber to sponge the mixture on to the stamp.  I stamped it right onto the card (be careful not to let it slide around).  For the leaves I just used Certainly Celery ink.  The Scallop Oval/Ovals Punched saying is attached with Dimensionals.


Look at that Shimmer!  So cool!  This is a great card for many different occasions.


Don't forget that all these great items from the Holiday Mini Catalog are still available (including the Shimmer Paint)!


Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Awash with Flowers, Short & Sweet
Card Stock - Rose Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink - Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Rose Red reinker
Accessories - 3/16" Black Gingham Ribbon, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Scallop Circle Punch, Large Oval Punch, Small Oval Punch, Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers

No comments:

Post a Comment