Thursday, July 19, 2012

Convention 2012 Swap - Snow Swirled

This card is another one for my Above and Beyond Christmas Card swap.  I signed up for 4 different groups so I have a few of these :)  It took me a while to get to this design.  Next week I will post the thought process (and cards) that I went through to get to this card.  But once I did this one I stopped because I was In Love with it!  The snow flakes are stamped with Shimmer Paint!  Let me show you how...


First you want to set up the Whisper White so you know how much room to work with.  So emboss your cardstock with the Big Shot.  I just put the portion of the card stock I wanted embossed into the Stripe Embossing Folder.  Don't worry if you get a line from the edge of the folder as we are going to cover that up.


Wrap Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding around the card where the embossing ends and tape on the back.


Now we have our space to stamp in.  We need a palette for our Shimmer Paint.  I use a lid to an empty accessories container.  I put just a couple of drops of Platinum Shimmer Paint down.


Dip your Sponge Dauber into the paint.


Use the Sponge Dauber to dab the Shimmer Paint onto your stamp.


Once the stamp is covered and you even out the paint, stamp like you would normally.  The Shimmer Paint will need to sit a little while to dry so be careful not to smudge it.


Repeat the process to stamp the rest of the snowflakes.  I then punched out an ornament with the Ornament Punch and so Sliver Glitter Paper.  I adhered it to the card with Dimensionals.  I tied a bow with the 1/8" Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon and adhered it to the ornament with a Glue Dot.  Once the shimmer paint is dry, you can layer the whole piece onto your card base.

Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Snow Swirled
Card Stock - Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Sliver Glitter
Ink - none
Accessories - Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Stripe Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Sponge Dauber, Platinum Shimmer Paint, 1/8" Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Ornament Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment