Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Differences in Sponging

This card uses a retired set (Vintage Vogue) bit I am still posting it to show the difference between a Sponge Dauber and just a Sponge.  Lets look at the Whisper White center.  I first stamped all the images I wanted on the card.  I then took a Sponge Dauber to accent the center of the flowers.  Notice how much coverage there is.  I also used the sponge dauber on the edges of the paper the darken them.  I then switched to the sponge and dabbed it all over the paper.  That is what gives the browning look and softens the white cardstock.  If you use the Sponge Dauber to do this you will get a more solid ink coverage and potentially circles.  To finish the card off, I also used the Sponge Dauber to really darken the edges of the overall card.  If you really want it to look worn, wet your finger tips and roll the edges some.  Or rub a Bone Folder along the edges to break down the fibers.





Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Teeny Tiny Wishes, Vintage Vogue
Card Stock - Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Ink - Crumb Cake, Night of Navy
Accessories - Sponge, Sponge Dauber, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment