Saturday, February 9, 2013

Brayered Embossing Technique

Today's card features the Brayered Embossing Technique.  This card I made is a little more busy than I usually like but I think it came out well.  If you attended the Orlando Regional Conference in 2011 you will remember this card.  I took this card and modified it for the technique because I LOVED it was so much.


The background of this card is the technique we are going to talk about today.  The original technique was to brayer the embossing folder and then place the paper and run through the Big Shot; however, I couldn't get the ink to adhere like I wanted so I modified it.

First emboss the paper with and embossing folder by running it though the Big Shot.


Ink up your Brayer.  In this case I used Chocolate Chip.  The new firm foam ink pads are Great for this!

Run the Brayer over the embossed cardstock.  Continue to do so until you get the desired coverage.  Be sure not to apply too much pressure.  If you flatten the embossing, you will get ink where you do not want it to be.


Once the cardstock is covered, all the parts that are raised will be covered in ink.


You can choose which side you want to brayer depending on the effect you want.


Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Nature Walk
Card Stock - Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler
Ink - Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy
Accessories - Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Brayer, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Basic Pearls, Color Spritzer Tool, Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment