Thursday, February 4, 2010

Love Bug Valentine's

Another idea I got from cards on the new Demonstrator Stampin' Community.  This community is one more of the many benefits to being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  Go to my website to learn more about being a Demonstrator and sign up today.  The password is nicolebstampin.

I just love this set.  This is a Level 1 Hostess Set that you can earn when you have a workshop!  As I had about ran out of Real Red and Pretty In Pink making other Valentine cards I decide to make this another non-traditional card.

It came out perfect right until I was all done and was packing up my supplies.  I proceeded to drop one of the stamps and made the mark that you see just above the ribbon on the left (never fails).  Despite the oops, I still love this card.  The little hearts on the top were made using the Heart to Heart Punch.  I also used the Heart to Heart punch after stamping love bugs on the Bashful Blue Heart.  The dots below the bugs on the Pumpkin Pie were made using the Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack.  I colored the bugs in with Watercolor Pencils.  In hindsight I wished I would have put the blue love bug heart on with a dimensional.  Let me know what you think of the card!


Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Love Bug
Card Stock - Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink - Basic Black
Accessories - Watercolor Pencils, Paper-Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Heart to Heart Punch, 1 1/4" Old Olive Striped Grosgrain Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment