Monday, May 3, 2010

My Husband's Birthday

My husband's birthday was a week ago last Sunday.  We had planned a whole birthday weekend with his parents coming to visit and everything and then I ended up flying to Ohio.  I owe him a birthday weekend.  I plan on making it up to him.

I still gave him his gifts and his card.  I had some fun with his card.  I found the template for the card here.  I colored the stamp with markers to reflect the colors I wanted.  I colored the flowers in with watercolor pencils and then used a blender pen to make it look painted.  The ink bled some but as it was the same color it just gave it more of a watercolored look.  I made the slits for the ribbon with my hobby blade.


When it comes to ideas for presents, my husband is impossible.  There are many thinks he will think of and want but never around a gift giving holiday.  As we are on a strict budget right now I didn't want to buy him just anything but something he really wanted or needed.  So I got him a bunch of gift cards to stores he shops in often.  I then made the gift card holders.  Its not the most romantic gift in the word but the next thing he wants he can go out and get without feeling guilty.

The dimensions for the gift card holder are 3-1/2 x 5-3/4 with a score at 2-3/4.  I punch a slit for the top to tuck into.  I adhered the gift card to the inside with a single glue dot so the card can be removed without damaging the holder. 


Supplies for Birthday Card
Stamp Set(s) - Awash with Flowers, Watercolor Trio
Card Stock - Whisper White, More Mustard
Ink - More Mustard marker, Old Olive marker and pad, Basic Black marker and pad
Accessories - 5/8" Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, 3/16" Corner Rounder, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pen, Hobby Blade

Supplies for Gift Card Holder
Stamp Set(s) - Well-Scripted, Just Buzzin' By
Card Stock - So Saffron
Ink - Real Red, Basic Black
Accessories - Slit Punch, Mini Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment