Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Toile and Pretties

As you know I had a little break from my stamping while I was dealing with life.  I am not back to stamping but the original ideas are slow to come.  So for a little while I am going to introduce you to some blogs I follow with some beautiful cards I just had to case!

This first card is a case of a case that I found on Sue Farrant's blog.  I love her blog.  She has great talent and is fun!  I saw this and I knew that I needed to make it for others and for you to see, just gorgeous!

The technique is called Toile.  I just recently learned that Toile is a fabric that is White or Cream and has a single color flower design on it.  Susan used her Pretties Kit to add an amazing elegant touch to it.  Just to die for.  The stamp set Elements of Style is just a fantastic set in the new mini catalog, a must have.  If you remember I also used it to create a Scrapbook Booklet

Card details:  I used a lot of Demensional because I love things to pop.  The inner flower design, the For You circle, and the humming bird are all popped with Dimensionals.  As Susan shows, this card can be done in almost any color and look beautiful!


Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Elements of Style
Card Stock - Real Red, Whisper White
Ink - Real Red
Accessories - 5/8" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Pretties Kit, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Paper Snips

No comments:

Post a Comment