Sunday, August 5, 2012

Awesome Framelit Storage!

I absolutely love the new framelits but I am not a fan of there storage.  I have to open the folder completely to remember what the framelit shapes are and the tape is a little bit of a pain, especially after several uses.  So I made myself a better case with some inspiration from a fellow paper crafter :)


First I took the cover out of the envelope and cut it so it was one sided and trimmed the edges downed a little being careful not to cut the words.


I slide the cover into an empty Clear Stamp Case that I bought from Stampin' Up!


I bought a roll of magnet that was sticky on one side.  I positioned it in the case on the back of the label.  How much and what direction depends on what framelits you are putting in the case.


Here it is with the Holiday Collection Framelits.  The framelits "adhere" to the magnets well.


I put the magnet on the label side so when the case is closed, I can see my framelits through the back.


I added a label to the spine so that I could store them with my Clear Stamp Sets.


In case you are wondering, my stamp holders are DVD racks from IKEA.



The Floral Frames Framelits is a tight fit in the case but if you slide it down a little bit so the petals are straddling the case locks it will fit.

1 comment: