Monday, July 15, 2013

Two-Step Stamping Flowers

When my Raining Flowers retired, I knew I needed a two-step replacement.  I fell in love with Too Kind as soon as I saw it!  Plus the set comes with stems and I always seem to be looking for that.

What is two-step stamping you ask?  It is where you use one stamp to stamp one color and then another stamp that is slightly different to stamp a second color on top.  Like the flowers in my card.  Two-step stamping can be the flower on one stamp and the stem on another stamp also shown in my card.  Basically, you don't have to color a stamp with markers; you use different stamps to achieve the same look.  

My card for this post came from page 55 in the new 2013-2014 Catalog.  I used the layout and colors to design my card using my new set.



Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Too Kind
Card Stock - Soft Sky, Whisper White
Ink - Soft Sky, Island Indigo, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories - Linen Thread, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment