Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cute Christmas Cards

I wanted to share more projects from the weekend. This weekend Nikki, our 16 year old cousin, was over to stamp with me. She wanted to make Christmas cards. Several cards she made CASING a couple of mine; however, she wanted to make one all on her own. I went into demonstrator mode and was teaching her tricks to coming up with ideas. First she scanned the current catalog for layout ideas. She got her layout out from pg. 88. The design had some DS paper so she dug through my scraps of paper and found a piece of DS Christmas paper that has since been retired. She based her color scheme off of that paper. She dug through my stamp sets for a good stamp to use and found my Snow Swirled set. Below is the card she put together. Overall she did an amazing job with very little direction from me. I sense a future Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

This is a card that she CASED off my 60 cards in 4 hours class that is coming up in November (please RSVP by November 1st!) She changed the background card from Whisper White to Real Red. She did all the measuring and cutting herself. She was getting a little frustrated with herself if the greetings were a little crooked. I had to remind her, as I do my customers, that it is a homemade card and small imperfections make it more personal.



Snow Swirled Card Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Snow Swirled, Christmas Punch
Card Stock - Ruby Red, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, *Designer Series Paper
Ink - Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip
Accessories - **Brown Ribbon, *Sheer Blue Ribbon; Wide oval punch
Merry Christmas Card Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Four the Holidays
Card Stock - Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White, Christmas Cocoa Designer Series Paper
Ink - Real Red
Accessories - 5/8" Grosgrain Old Olive Ribbon, brad
*Retired Stampin' Up!
**Not Stampin' Up! Product

No comments:

Post a Comment