Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Giraffe Card

One of my best friends has a baby girl who is turning 1-year-old this week. I made this cute card for her birthday. As a 1-year-old could care less about a card, I wrote it for the parents, letting them know they are wonderful parents and they survived the first year (smile). The card turned out super cute, if I do say so myself.

On the card, I didn't have any matching brads or buttons so I created my own matching brads using the Build-A-Brad. To use this kit is very simple. First I used the 1/2" circle punch and punched out circles from my matching cardstock. Then I glued the circles to the brad base from the kit using then 2-Way Glue Pen. After letting it dry I placed the adhesive acrylic bubble on top and voila, a matching brad!


Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Animal Crackers, *Small Script, *Bitty Basics
Card Stock - Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink - Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip marker
Accessories -Build-A-Brad kit, 2-way Glue pen, Demensionals, Watercolor pencils, (having the Star punch would have made things easier)
*Retired Items - Ideas for replacement: Short & Sweet or Warm Words; Seeing Stars or Under the Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment