Monday, October 19, 2009

Embrace Life Thank You Card

In my last post I had a card that was really cute but wasn't quite enough in my eyes for a thank you to our boss. Well, I created this card this weekend and I think it is perfect. The only thing I would add would be to brush the edges of the white with color. I got the idea of the layout/design from this card but I changed up the colors and theme. I just love it! I hope you enjoy it too.

Techniques used: I used two different techniques to create the flowers. First, when I stamped the image, I used a mask to cover the middle flower and stamped the other two so they looked as if they are behind. To create the mask, I stamped the flower on a piece of scrap cardstock and cut it out as detailed as possible. I always keep the masks I create right in with the stamp set for next time. The second technique used was "painting" with blender pens. I only have the markers of the In Colors so I rubbed the tip of the blender pen on the tip of the mark and "painted" the flowers. They came out beautifully with the look I was trying to achieve.


Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Embrace Life, Trendy Trees
Card Stock - Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Razzleberry Lemonade DS paper,
Ink - Basic Brown; Crushed Curry, Bashful Blue, Melon Mambo markers
Accessories -White Taffita Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, Blender Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment