Saturday, April 10, 2010

Flower Pictures

I cant believe I am half way through Saturday and I still haven't posted!  I have been easily distracted lately.  I have not established my routine yet.  Today I have been playing with some craft projects to hang in my stamping room.  I bought some great frames from IKEA (where else) that were on sale.  I had seen these ribbon flowers that I thought were just beautiful and wanted to try.  My plan was to show you both of my framed works of art for this post but alas I have not finished one.  I will explain in a minute.

The first one was a lot of fun.  I changed up the colors to match what I had on hand.  I used Striped Old Olive for the stem and leaves and Rich Razzleberry Polka-Dots for the petals.  I used a button from Playground Designer Buttons.  It is weird but I have used all the Old Olive buttons from the set and I still have plenty of the three other colors, wonder what one of my favorite colors are :D  Anyways, once I mastered the hot glue gun (only burning myself a couple of times) I managed to put together the fame you see below.  I am just going to save the glass from the frame for some other project I am sure to scheme up.


The stem probably could have used some work but overall I am pretty happy with the result and overall impressed with myself.  The elated feelings were short lived.

I then began on the second flower.  I chose to do the Chocolate Chip Wide Striped one.  I changed up the Stem and leaves to be Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon.  I have the Old Olive in all the other styles but Satin :)  I think it came out great and I even liked it better than the first stem.  The pleating hides the hot glue.  Anyways, this is how far I got.


Then I began on the flower.  I bought this great little machine a while back to do stitching on cards and such.  I figured it was perfect since I am not a sewer.



It is hard to tell in the picture but it is about as tall as my hand.  Very cute.  Anyways, I pull it out for the first time because to gather the ribbon I need a stitched thread to pull.  I figured Perfect.  Not so much.  An hour later I still cant get the thing to work.  It all looks right and I have it all threaded right and it runs, however, no stitches are made.  I then had one of my clients over (thank you Barbara) and she looked at it as she sews a lot and knows WAY more than me.  She couldn't see anything wrong either. 

Well that brings me up to now.  Here it is 4pm on Saturday and I haven't finished my project to post!  I am going to have to pull out my cross stitch stuff and sew a thread by hand to complete my project.  Not a big deal, I was just hoping to show you my great project that I COMPLETED.  I just wasn't meant to be.  I will post the completed flower when it is done.  Otherwise, enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

Supplies:
Card Stock - Rich Razzleberry, Kraft (soon to be called Crumb Cake), Certainly Celery
Accessories -hot glue gun, Playground Buttons, 5/8" Satin Certainly Celery Ribbon, 1/2" Old Olive Striped Ribbon, 1/2" Rich Razzleberry Polka-Dot Ribbon, 1-1/4"Chocolate Chip Striped Ribbon (in flower to come), Corduroy Chocolate Chip Buttons (in flower to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment