Monday, April 26, 2010

Ohio

I have been off my posting again.  I had an unexpected trip come up.  I ended up flying out suddenly to Ohio because my grandfather had become very ill.  He is 91 years old and he is a fighter but he is coming to the end of his battle and old age has finally caught up to him.  I am lucky that I was able to come up quickly and I have gotten the chance to see him and talk to him and let him know how much I love him.  So there ended up being a blessing to being unemployed at the moment.  Also from that unforeseen blessing I was able to come up on a one way ticket and I can stay here however long things take and for however long I am needed.  I am currently sitting in a hospital room watching my grandfather sleep, it is 1 am, as I took the night shift to relieve my mother of the stress.  I like it this way, lots of time to be one on one with him. 
The little time I have been away from the hospital I have gotten to enjoy something I don't get in Southwest Florida, Seasons.  Look at these beautiful trees:






Don't get me wrong though, I miss Florida.  When I flew out it was beautiful blue skies, bright sunshine, light breeze and 90 degrees.  When I landed it was grey, raining, and 59 degrees.  But occasionally I do miss the changing of the trees.

I have some pictures of some things I made recently so I will be posting occasionally while I'm here.  I just wanted to take a moment to share with you what has been going on in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment