Saturday, April 17, 2010

Wonderful Mother's Day Card

This card was completely me sitting down with a stamp set and going to work.  I just love when that happens!  I just got the Country Morning stamp set and thought the flowers stamp would be perfect for a Mother's Day card.  I picked a retiring color that looked like it would go well with this stamp.  I thing Lavender Lace fit the bill perfectly.  I have seen several demonstrators use a white on white layering effect that I really liked, and wanting to keep the card simple I tried it here.  I used Dimensionals to pop the first layer off the second.  I use Lavender Lace Ink on Lavender Lace CS for the words which gives the card softness.


Painting the flowers is the best part of the card.  I laid out a bunch of colors of ink pads and went to work (see below for which I used).  Before I open the Ink Pad I squeeze the lid against the top, then only flip it part way open.  I use the ink on the lid to dip my blender pen into to "paint".  I painted the flowers completely with the light color and use the darker to highlight.  This is a technique I wished I used more often.  Such an amazing effect!  What do you think?


Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - County Morning, Well Scripted
Card Stock - Lavender Lace, Whisper White
Ink - Lavender Lace, Almost Amethyst, Close To Cocoa, Going Gray, Summer Sun, Old Olive, More Mustard, StazOn Black
Accessories -Blender Pen, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment