Monday, January 11, 2010

Butterfly Scrapbook Page

I LOVE to Scrapbook but I must admit that I am Way behind. I was married last May and I am still at the beginning phases of scrapbooking the event. My husband teases me because I have all these started scrapbooks (our wedding, our dating years, mini scrapbooks, etc) but have not seemed to be able make much progress. I find myself stopping my projects to make gifts and books for others. Of course I love doing those too! I wish that I could find a group of people like me that would like to get together once or twice a month to scrapbook and socialize. I also wouldn't mind having more hours in a day :D

For today's project I have created a cute, simple 6x6 scrapbook page. Then I will show you how to make that 6x6 page into a 12x12 page. I am a big fan of the 6x6 scrapbook. They are great to carry around and show off your pictures. I also realize that some events just can not truly be displayed on a small page.

This page is very simple with some dimension added with the fly away butterfly. I punched the butterfly out twice from Certainly Celery, one I stamped with one of the stamps from Flight of the Butterfly (the Butterfly Punch works perfectly with this set). I taped the plain butterfly down. Then I put a piece of Sticky Strip on the body of the stamped butterfly. I glued it down then folded up the wings. I love using this technique. See this used on a card here.

Here is a completed 12x12 page using the 6x6 page above. This will be the first page of my Honeymoon album if I can ever get it completed :D One page down.... The lettering is the Naturally Serif Alphabet for the Big Shot. I love doing journaling creatively whenever possible, I think it adds so much to a page. It is hard to tell in the picture; however, I did the same flowers along the corner of the 12x12 page using So Saffron that I did on the 6x6 page.



Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Flight of the Butterfly
Card Stock - Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Rose Red, So Saffron
Ink - Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
Accessories -Butterfly Punch, Curly Label Punch, Sticky Strip, Big Shot, Naturally Serif Alphabet

No comments:

Post a Comment