Monday, January 18, 2010

January Stamp-A-Stack

Saturday was my monthly Stamp-A-Stack.  I have a great time with my girls.  I absolutely love getting together with others and making a bunch of cards!  Check out this month's projects.
I had a lot of fun making the cards for the class, but I will admit they were all CASEd (some exactly).  I am still learning to trust my instincts so I still use ideas I see from some of my wonderful bloggers I follow.  All these ideas came from one lady, Ruth.  She is very talented.  Check out her blog.

This first card (Butterfly Friends) I found here.  I am in love with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit!  Not only does it punch them out but it Embosses on the too.  I used two different colors, Pretty In Pink and Very Vanilla.  After I used the Big Shot, I rubbed a sponge dauber in Pretty In Pink ink and sponged over them.  The embossing grabbed the ink to highlight it even more.  My customers also had fun with the clear block stamps.  I had precut all the cardstock so they used the clear blocks for stamp the saying.  Everyone got it straight!  It is a little hard to tell from the picture but the DS paper I used had glitter, what a nice touch that adds to the card!



Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Vintage Vogue
Card Stock - Real Red, Pretty In Pink, Very Vanilla, Sending Love DS
Ink - Pretty in Pink
Accessories -Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Sponge Daubers, Dimensionals, 1 1/4" Square Punch, 1 3/8" Square Punch, Clear Blocks

My Second Card (Life Happens) came from here.  When I saw this card I just fell in love and had to make it myself.  I changed up the colors some from the original.  I LOVE the color blue so it probably helped to draw me to this card.  I want to make a 100 of them and send them to everyone I know; however, the flower is hand cut out so I will not be making that many ;) 


Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Vintage Vogue, Very Vintage Wheel Jumbo
Card Stock - Brilliant Blue, Kraft, Whisper White
Ink - Brilliant Blue, Jumbo Brilliant Blue Cartridge
Accessories -Clear Block, Paper Snips, 5/8" Satin Ribbon Bashful Blue, Vintage Brads, Jumbo Handle, Dimensionals, Scallop Edge Punch

The last card (Friends) came from here.  I found this card long ago and loved it so I tucked the idea way for a time when I could use it.  This was the first card I made when I got the Big Shot for Christmas.  It was also the very first time using my clear block stamps.  I was quick and careless and managed to get the saying crooked despite having a flawless method of getting it straight :D  I used the DS paper again to add glitter to the card (LOVE this paper!)



Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - With All My Heart
Card Stock - Whisper White, Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Sending Love DS
Ink - Real Red
Accessories -Big Shot, Bigz Two Tags, Clear Blacks, 1 1/4 Punch Circle, 1 3/8 Punch Circle, Scallop Circle Punch, 1/16" Punch Circle, 3/8" White Taffeta Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment