Saturday, January 30, 2010

Vintage Vogue Embossing Tutorial

Today's card is a CASE from this card done by Susan Farrant.  I fell in love with it as soon as I laid eyes on it and knew I had to do one of my own.  I created this card for a swap I was participating in.  The theme was Occasions and Sale-A-Bration mini catalogs so it fit perfectly!  I am doing a tutorial on it as I just love the techniques used here and wanted everyone to be able to successfully recreate this beautiful card!

Let's Get Started!  Here is the card we are making.

First, cut all the pieces needed.  I am over organized and I like to do all the cutting at once so I can move the cutting system away and focus on the art.  The Night of Navy is cut as a traditional card.  The Whisper White is cut at 4x5-1/4.

Rub an Embossing Buddy over the Whisper White Cardstock.  This will help ensure only what you want to stick actually sticks to your card.

Then stamp the flower onto the Whisper White cardstock using Whisper White Craft Ink.  It is hard to see now but give me time...


Shake Clear Embossing Powder over the flower tapping off the extras and then heat set the image.




Using a Sponge Dauber and Night of Navy Ink, Sponge over the flower to highlight it.  When finished, use a tissue to wipe off excess ink from the embossed image.  The Embossing with resist the ink.




Stamp the vine in Night of Navy and then onto the card overlapping the flower some.  Again, use a tissue to rub off excess ink from the embossing.


Finish off the Whisper White Cardstock by stamping a saying in Night of Navy along the bottom edge of the card and tying some ribbon along the edge.


Glue the Whisper White onto the Night of Navy card base.


Doesn't it look beautiful!  As an added touch I put Whisper White on the inside of the card (as it is hard to write on Night of Navy) and stamped a cute little flower in the bottom corner.  I love the added touches.


Supplies:
Stamp Set(s) - Vintage Vogue
Card Stock - Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink - Craft White, Night of Navy
Accessories -1/4" Night of Navy Grosgrain Ribbon, Clear Blocks, Embossing Buddy, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Powder Pal, Sponge Dauber

No comments:

Post a Comment